Join Our Team!
Position: Social Media Strategist
Are you an early adopter of social media? Do you know how to use it to its greatest potential? Are you intrigued by new tools and platforms? Are you truly passionate about the social media industry, comfortable integrating and working with other departments in the company, exhibit leadership, marketing creativity, organization and problem solving skills along with the ability to provide both strategic direction and development of tactical marketing plans for clients? If so, you were born for this role.
TopRank Online Marketing is a growing Minnesota based digital marketing agency that has been cited by The Economist, Fortune, ClickZ, Star Tribune, Microsoft Advertising, Yahoo Search Marketing and Mashable as an industry leader in search and social media marketing. Our team of professionals serve clients with tier one internet marketing services.
Success in this position means being comfortable providing guidance and consulting to the Fortune 500 companies we serve as well as TopRank team members.
Excellent communications skills and the ability to effectively work with multiple clients are essential. In other words, can you speak customer, speak agency and social?
Include but not limited to:
- Creating and implementing social media strategies for our clients
- Finding target audiences online
- Engaging with the audience and building a tight-knit community (remember: quality, not quantity!)
- Competitive analysis
- Monitoring brand mentions: answer inquiries, provide customer service, dispel brand myths
- Analytics: track month-to-month changes in social media statistics, find causes for rises/plummets and change strategy accordingly
- Reward brand advocates to increase word of mouth marketing
- Create a link between social media presence and sales
A keen focus on:
- Client service and satisfaction
- Creative problem solving
- Project management and organization skills
- Detail and consistent ability to meet deadlines
- Quality, quality, quality!
- Provide guidance to both clients and team members
- Analyze data and make recommendations
- Motivate and lead others in the development, direction and execution of social projects/campaigns
- Respond well to ongoing client and team feedback
In-depth knowledge and/or understanding of:
- Online marketing best practices: Search Marketing, Social Media
- A collaborative agency environment
- How to successfully prioritize and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
Superior problem-solving skills, specifically the ability to:
- Assess situations
- Evaluate options
- Make decisions
- Draw conclusions
- Exercise judgment
A focus on quality and management:
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Written and oral communication abilities
- Proof-reading skills
- Proven experience impacting multiple client accounts (or in-house products/services) and achieving results on behalf of every client
- 1-5 years of experience in Social Media or similar
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Mass Communication or related field
- Proficiency with Microsoft® Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Project management, motivating teams, and mentoring others
TopRank Online Marketing is a collaborative group that works in a team environment. We offer a significant opportunity for advancement, extremely competitive time off policy, IRA retirement plan, premium health insurance and a creative office environment overlooking Lake Minnetonka.
If you feel that you posses the skills that we are looking for, contact: Human Resources (hr@toprankmarketing) with “Social Media Strategist” in the Subject line with a cover letter and resume attached. Including links to online writing samples is even better.