TopRank Internet Marketing News
Posts Tagged ‘digital marketing’
Friday, October 28th, 2011 | Filed under New @TopRank, Online Marketing News, Presentations, Search Marketing, Speaking.
If you’re an internet marketing professional looking for the latest in industry trends, practical tools, and tips for executing on your own PPC or SEO strategy, then ad:tech New York is an event that you should not miss. We are pleased to announce that TopRank CEO Lee Odden will be following in the footsteps of Melanie Mitchell, SVP of Search at Digitas, and serving as the Marketing Master for three sessions at the next ad:tech conference.
When asked about serving as a Marketing Master at Ad:Tech New York, Odden had this to say: “It is an honor to be selected to program the Search Marketing track at such an important conference as ad:tech. We are privileged to have a great team of presenters from some of the top brand marketers around including Intel, REI, Volkswagen and Salesforce.com. Attendees will gain practical insight about integrated Paid Search as well as SEO that they can put in practice the same day.”
Saturday, August 28th, 2010 | Filed under Ask an Expert.
If you are trying to best a competitor’s success, you should definitely do exactly what they do. Borrow their site structure, use their keywords and blog about what they blog about. Then, when they go out of business, you’ll be right there to take over.
Now that you’ve been weakened with sarcasm, it’s time to accept the hard truth. You may or may not best the success of a competitor that is exponentially farther ahead of you in digital marketing channels. But one surefire recipe for failure is to try to walk directly in your competitor’s footsteps.
Walking in a competitor’s footsteps, by nature, keeps you perpetually one step behind. Heading off on your own original path, however, turns you into the leader of a completely new inroad.
Tuesday, December 15th, 2009 | Filed under New @TopRank, TopRank News.
Which notable industry publications and blogs mentioned TopRank® Online Marketing the first half of December, 2009? Here you go:
DMNews – Showcasing creative solutions from H&R Block, PRSA, Cole Haan, TopRank and client, PRSA were cited as a success story for SEO in this feature on DMNews.
Everything PR – Top 100 PR Websites and Resources of 2009. TopRank’s Online Marketing Blog was included in the PR and Media Blogs section along with Chris Brogan, Brian Solis and Richard Edelman.
Social on the Inside – Lee Odden interviews Rick Mahn Social Media Breakfast Minneapolis. Fleishman-Hillard’s Digital Practice VP, Jessica Smith cites and comments on an interview with the founder of SMBMSP.
Seth’s Blog – Discover the Truth About a Site’s Online Traffic. TopRank’s list of the top SEO blogs by RSS subscribers was cited in this post by marketing rockstar, Seth Godin.
Monday, November 30th, 2009 | Filed under New @TopRank, TopRank News.
Where was TopRank® Online Marketing talked about on the web the second half of November, 2009? Here you go:
WebProNews Video – Search + Social = Better ROI. Video interview with TopRank CEO Lee Odden by Michael McDonald of WebProNews during Pubcon.
WebmasterRadio PRSA09 – Search Engine Optimization In Your PR Campaign. TopRank’s Lee Odden was interviewed by Maria Reitan, Senior Principal at Carmichael Lynch Spong along with Greg Jarboe of SEO-PR on the intersection of Search Engine Optimization and Public Relations during the 2009 PRSA International conference.
PRWeb – Press Release: Best of PRWeb 2009. TopRank has been selected as a judge for the Best of PRWeb press release contest.
BtoB Magazine – SEO for Flash: 5 Tips. A TopRankBlog post by Michelle Bowles was cited.
WebProNews – If You Care About Search You Must Care About Social Media. TopRank was cited along with ex-Googler Vanessa Fox in this article on the importance of search marketing and social media.
Friday, October 30th, 2009 | Filed under New @TopRank, TopRank News.
Where was TopRank® Online Marketing talked about on the web the second half of October, 2009? Here you go:
TechCrunch – Digg Acquires Kevin Rose Side Project Wefollow. TopRank’s CEO Lee Odden was shown as one of the top 10 SEOs on Twitter according to the new wefollow ranking alogorithm.
SmartBrief on Social Media – 10 time-tested ways companies can use social media. TopRank’s Adam Singer posted ten ways social media has proven it’s worth and the story was picked up in the “Takeaway” section of SmartBrief. The post was also picked up by socialmediaBiz, Alltop HolyKaw, Ragan’s PR Daily & Technorati – Hottest Small Business Blog Posts. Well done Adam!
Social Web School – Top 60 PR Experts to Follow on Twitter. TopRank’s CEO was included in this list of public relations practitioners on Twitter.
Friday, October 16th, 2009 | Filed under New @TopRank, TopRank News.
Where was TopRank® Online Marketing talked about on the web the first half of October, 2009? Here you go:
- Technorati – Top Business Blogs. Top Small Business Blogs – TopRank’s Online Marketing Blog is ranked a top 30 business blog and the #1 small business blog by Technorati.
- Multi-Lingual Search – Lee Odden visits WebCertain. TopRank visited the York, England offices of WebCertain and was subsequently quizzed by a roomful of international SEOs on social media topics.
- Search Engine Watch – eMarketer Report Says Keep Video Ads Short and Relevant. Lee Odden’s review of the book YouTube and Video Marketing an Hour a Day” was cited in this article.
- WebMetricsGuru – Social Media Roadmap at MIMA Summit 09 plus some comments on Lee Odden’s presentation on SEO & Social Media. Marshall Sponder comments on the Social SEO presentation by TopRank at the MIMA Summit.
Saturday, August 22nd, 2009 | Filed under New @TopRank, TopRank News.
Where was TopRank® Online Marketing talked about on the web the week of August 17th 2009? In all the right places, there’s no doubt:
- ClickZ – SES: Managing Social Media. Roundup of social media sessions including Black Hat White Hat Social Media in which TopRank CEO Lee Odden participated.
- WebProNews – (Video) Embracing Real-Time Marketing. TopRank CEO Lee Odden is interviewed by Mike McDonald on the emerging trend in real-time marketing and the ClickZ “In the Now” panel with Technorati CEO Richard Jalichandra, Meebo COO Martin Green, YouTube Vice President Steve Grove and founder of Stwittergy, Ricardo Guerrero.
- jeffbulla’s blog – 9 Ways To Convince The CEO To Use Social Media and Enter The 21st Century. TopRank case studies for SEO and social media success were featured in this blog post.
- Geek Entreprenuer – How To Optimize Social Media. A TopRank Blog post on social media optimization was featured.
Monday, August 17th, 2009 | Filed under New @TopRank, TopRank News.
Where was TopRank® Online Marketing talked about on the web the week of August 10th 2009? The following roundup of news links will answer exactly that:
- SES YouTube Channel – (Video) Lee Odden discusses the integration of social media and SEO at SES San Jose 2009 with Greg Jarboe. Video interview with TopRank’s CEO during the Search Engine Strategies conference in San Jose.
- BtoB Magazine – SES SJ: Charlene Li Keynote – Preparing For The Future Of Search. TopRank’s Blog coverage of a Search Engine Strategies conference keynote is cited.
- mellow billow – Top 100 Best Social Media Books, Ever. TopRank’s list of best social media books is the inspiration of this comprehensive list.
- Inbound Marketing – SES SJ: SEO Through Blogs And Feeds. TopRank’s coverage (and speaking) of the Blog & Feed SEO session at the San Jose SES conference is cited.
Friday, August 7th, 2009 | Filed under New @TopRank, TopRank News.
Where was TopRank® Online Marketing talked about on the web this week? The following roundup of news links will answer exactly that:
- The Deets - Yet Another Take on Minnesota’s Social Media Innovators. TopRank CEO listed amongst a list of top social media innovators in Minnesota.
- everything PR - Top 50 PR Professionals You Should Be Following On Twitter. TopRank CEO @LeeOdden listed as a top 50 PR professional on Twitter.
- SmartBlog on Social Media – Today’s Bonus Tracks: Rethinking the Rules. A TopRank Blog post by Adam Singer was featured in a post about the longevity of social media optimization rules.
- City Pages - Minneapolis’ social media mafia: Who gets the most love? TopRank CEO @LeeOdden is the only person listed in all 3 recent lists of social media innovators in Minnesota.