TopRank Summary from BlogWorld New York 2011Tuesday, May 31st, 2011 | Filed under New @TopRank, Search Marketing, Social Media, Speaking.
Blogs are perfectly suited as social media information hubs for companies or individuals that want to dominate their niche online. TopRank Online Marketing has been an active proponent and pioneer of blog marketing as the centerpiece of social content strategy for many years. We’ve been working with companies ranging from B2C retailers like J&O Fabrics to Fortune 15 company, McKesson on blogging, social media and SEO with impressive results.
At the recent BlogWorld Expo conference in New York, TopRank’s CEO Lee Odden provided attendees with a peek into that insight with a blueprint and examples of the role blogs can play in an integrated search, social media and content marketing strategy that directly influence business outcomes. As the lead writer (2,100+ posts) and editor for one of the most popular marketing blogs on the internet and consultant to numerous successful blogs for B2B brands, Odden had plenty of first hand insights to share.
Two posts written by Odden before and after the conference offer detailed summaries:
- Dominate Your Niche with Social SEO & Blogging
- Blog Marketing Strategy: 7 Steps to Social SEO Success
The presentation was well received by the New York (and international) crowd and was liveblogged or mentioned by several prominent websites including:
- 77 Aha Moments from Blogworld NYC – Justin Goldsborough, Fleishman-Hillard
- Live from BlogWorld: How to use SEO to corner a niche with your blog – Gregory J. Wright, SmartBlog on Social Media
- 8 takeaways from 4 fantastic sessions I attended at BlogWorld – Arik Hanson, Communications & Conversations
- BlogWorld & New Media Expo – Not Just About Blogs (#bweny) – Lauren Keyson, NYC Convergence
- BlogWorld New Media Expo 2011, Day 1 – Lisa Barone (the best liveblogger on the planet), Outspoken Media
- Highlights from My Trip to BlogWorld Expo NYC – Tia Peterson, BizChickBlogs
- Notes From BlogWorld Expo: Lee Odden On How To Help People Find You Online – Ilana Rabinowitz, Marketing Without A Net
Of course, blogging isn’t the only way attendees respond to a presentation. Tweets about the session reflected a favorable impression as well:
Overall, BlogWorld New York was a great event, bringing together expertise from all over the web for sharing and engagement. BWE will appear next in Los Angeles late this year. Thanks to Arik Hanson and Chuck Hemann for programming an excellent Social Media Business Summit track and of course to Rick Calvert and Dave Cynkin for a super program overall.
If you need Social SEO Consulting services, be sure to contact TopRank to have a discussion. If you’re looking for more insights from our CEO, the next speaking engagements for TopRank Online Marketing include:
- OMS Minneapolis June 7, 2011 – How to Create a Killer Social SEO Strategy
- SES Toronto – June 14, 2011 – Content Marketing Optimization
- Vocus User’s Conference – June 16, 2011 – Integrated Social SEO & Public Relations
- Intel Social Media Summit – July 1, 2011 – Social SEO & Content Marketing Strategy for the Enterprise
We hope to see you there.