PRSA International – TopRank Offers News SEO WorkshopWednesday, October 8th, 2008 | Filed under PR, Search Marketing, Speaking.
On October 25th TopRank CEO Lee Odden will present a half day, pre-conference workshop on search engine optimization of news content at the 2008 PRSA International Conference in Detroit entitled:
Journalists use Web-based searches on a daily basis to research stories, find subject matter experts and track conversations on topics of interest. Online content can be optimized not only for standard search engines, but for blog and news searches as well. There are a variety of ways to optimize news content — press releases, online newsrooms, past media coverage and social media — which can make it easier for bloggers and the media to find it.
The half-day seminar will cover SEO fundamentals, Web analytics for news content optimization and more:
- Learn about SEO and journalists’ online re-”search” and social media behaviors.
- News content optimization examples and instruction will include press release optimization, newsroom optimization and blog optimization.
- Study a module on analytics offering strategies and tactics for measuring and reporting the effect of attendee news SEO efforts.
Fee: US$300.00 per person (More info and registration here)
Odden will also participate October 27th during the main PRSA International Conference on a panel as part of the new and social media track on the changing environment for public relations. A panel of leading PR and social media practitioners will discuss how PR professionals can figure out how much “new” to include in new media PR efforts :
The Changed PR Landscape: What Works, What Doesn’t
Wikis, Twitter, virtual worlds, Facebook, online communities, blogging, digital video, the conversation, SEO/SEM, timeshifting — with the advent of social media, should the public relations pro throw out the baby with the bath water? Leading social media experts help public relations pros at every level decipher the correct balance of new media and core PR competencies. Also get an enlightened view of trends on the horizon and pure hyperbole.
Panelists will include:
- David Bradfield, senior vice president & partner, FH Digital
- Peter Himler, principal, Flatiron Communications LLC
- Rob Key, founder & CEO, Converseon
- Lee Odden, CEO, TopRank Online Marketing
PRSA International Conference
Oct 25-28, 2008
Schedule and Registration
TopRank Online Marketing provides internet marketing services for Fortune 500 companies with specialties in digital asset optimization, social media, SEO and digital public relations.