Named a Top 100 Places to Work in Minnesota by Minnesota Business Magazine, TopRank® Marketing is in search of a savvy SEO Strategist to join our talented Search Marketing Team.
At TopRank Marketing we get down to the business of marketing and we have fun doing it! All while contributing to the greater good of our clients’ success. What kinds of clients do you ask? How about one of the top social networks in the world? Or one of the most recognizable and beloved brands in the UK and Europe? Or a Fortune 5 corporation with 180+ years of history and 70,000 employees?
With a mantra of “Smart, Creative and Focused on Results”, our company culture sets a high standard for the work we deliver for clients with an emphasis on continuous improvement of process, strategies and search marketing tactics. We also like to think outside the box with creative, data-informed SEO recommendations that make our clients “The Best Answer” for their customers.
Working in an agile marketing environment, our team members have the opportunity to create impact on a daily basis. Our SEO efforts work hand in hand with an integrated approach to content marketing, social media, influencer marketing, digital PR and online advertising.
The ideal person for the SEO Strategist role has a proven track record in creating and executing integrated search marketing programs for B2B and B2C companies. They are also able to analyze marketing performance data to provide strategic content optimization recommendations that align with the client marketing objectives.
SEO Strategist Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop SEO strategy and present to internal teams and clients
- Active engagement in SEO and Search community; keep current on trends and best practices
- Experience running A/B tests and experiments
- Develop and implement data-driven SEO content plans
- Perform keyword and topic research to understand search demand among relevant target audiences
- Analyze client web site architecture for content and SEO improvement opportunities
- Develop impactful on-page optimization and information architecture recommendations focused on improving the customer search experience through relevant search visibility for targeted keyword topics
- Reconcile search keyword demand with topics and content requirements that comply with client branding guidelines and ‘voice’
- Develop geo-targeted SEO recommendations to help clients achieve local and / or international search visibility
- Analyze competing websites and pages to assess competitive gaps and recommend actions to help our clients be more successful
- Consult with team members throughout the organization to help ensure search optimization of all marketing efforts
- Execution of on-page & off-page techniques including:
- Developing site and page level authority with optimized content that engages visitors
- Integration of SEO best practices with content, social and search advertising
- Content promotion that results in credible mentions and links
- Review web analytics to uncover opportunities for improvement, provide insight and report on program effectiveness
Success Qualities We’re Looking For
People with the following qualities are a great fit for the TopRank Marketing team:
- Self-directed, professional search marketer
- Adaptable to a fast-paced work environment
- Team player
- Problem solver
- Good communicator, verbally and in text
- High quality standards
- Passionate about SEO and a lifelong learner
- Minimum 5+ years of content-focused, search engine optimization experience
- Agency experience preferred
- 4 year college degree a plus
- Proficient with the following tools:
- Google Analytics and other major analytics platforms
- Keyword Research Tools: AdWords Keyword Planner, Google Trends
- Google Search Console (Webmaster Tools)
- SEMRush or Ahrefs
- Moz and OpenSiteExplorer
- Majestic SEO Tools
- Screaming Frog
TopRank Marketing offers significant opportunities for growth and advancement, competitive time-off policy, IRA retirement plan, premium health insurance and a modern, creative office space in Minneapolis located just minutes from the West End.
To apply, send your resume with ‘SEO Strategist’ in the subject line to: hr @ toprankmarketing.com