Depending on who you talk to there are many varying opinions about content curation. Some say there is no place for curation while others believe curation should be a leading element of your online marketing strategy. What do we suggest? Finding a middle ground somewhere in between. There is without a doubt a place for curation it just has to be used appropriately. Content curation should be considered an extension of your original content on your website or blog. Below we have included some content curation best practices as well as different types of curated content.
Content Curation Best Practices
- Make sure that the content you are curating is relevant to your audience
- Adhere to all fair use laws as it relates to content and copyright infringement
- Determine a way to measure your content curation success
- Incorporate original content as well
- Always link to the original source
- Identify industry through leaders and influencers as a source of information
Different Types of Curated Content
Content curation comes in many forms. Some of the types of content we recommend you curate might include:
- Industry News
- Research & Reports
- Case Studies
- Tips or How To’s
Content Curation Tools
In order to get the most value from your content curation efforts it’s important that you remember to think like a curator, always be on the lookout for new and interesting stories to add to your content marketing mix. Most important, be sure to share your information in a meaningful way.