On October 20th, 2007 Eric Schwartzman of On the Record Online interviewed TopRank CEO Lee Odden about Search Engine Optimization and Public Relations at the PRSA International Conference in Philadelphia, PA.
- 3:16 – Odden gives examples of the benefits of SEO.
- 4:07 – Odden on the role of SEO in a media relations.
- 5:52 – Odden on the search engine optimized press release.
- 7:00 – Odden on keyword placement within a press release to secure an optimal search rank.
- 7:58 – Odden on the usefulness of mentioning competitors in press releases to increase page rank.
- 8:50 – Odden on the impact of media data for search rank.
- 9:56 – Odden on developing separate press releases SEO and media relations.
- 11:55 – Odden reveals the strategy for managing a client’s reputation by placing positive content as the primary link on a search rank.
- 13:50 – Odden on the ethical considerations of using inbound links to determine page rank.
- 15:54 – Odden on Google’s shortcomings.
- 17:50 – Odden on recommending SEO to clients more interested in traditional public relations.
- 19:27 – Odden on developing an SEO marketing strategy to increase client visibility.
- 20:15 – Odden on why his PR strategy appeals to clients.
- 21:18 – Odden shares his single, biggest SEO mistake.
- 22:13 – Odden on his single, greatest SEO accomplishment.
- 23:09 – Odden on the challenges of learning to SEO content.
- 25:10 – End
Listen to the full Lee Odden podcast interview here.
TopRank Online Marketing provides Fortune 500 companies a holistic mix of internet marketing consulting services for improved online sales and brand visibility.