Have you ever wanted a resource where all the best articles about Online Marketing topics are aggregated in one place? Us too. This week we’re introducing a new category of posts for the TopRank Marketing News Blog, where our staff will select content worth sharing with you, the educated online marketing practitioner. We”ll start this off every 2 weeks on Fridays for now.
Without further ado, here are the links for the Week Ending October 1st, 2010 :
8 Canonicalization Best Practices in Plain English
Canonicalization can be confusing and a difficult concept to grasp at the best of times. Considering how important the topic is to search engine optimization, getting it right means the search engine robots crawl more pages of your site – increasing indexation rate and quantity of pages indexed. Getting it wrong however could spell disaster for a website.
Ian Lurie gives us (in plain English) the 10 best practices of canonicalization which include setting up 301 redirects, linking to your homepage from within your site with a consistent URL, the best use of tracking IDs, excluding ’email a friend’ pages, and using common sense (SearchEngineLand.com).
- How is Google Indexing More Search Results? – Google starts showing multiple SERP results from a single domain (OutspokenMedia.com).
- How do You Get Started in Social Media? – Mike Moran of Biznology, asks the question ‘how do you get started in Social Media?’, and publishes an interesting answer (MikeMoran.com).
- End of Dumb Tables in Web Analytics Tools! Hello: Weighted Sort – Avinash Kaushik puts forward the need for true Analysis Ninjas to move beyond the top ten rows of data to find insights (Kaushik.net).
- Google’s SEO Starter Guide Updated – Google publishes a new and updated version of the SEO Starter Guide (Google Webmaster Central).
- How to Tell if Your Company is Advanced: 10 Criteria of Social Business Maturity – Jeremiah Owyang offers 10 criteria for analyzing if a company is mature enough for Social business (Web-Strategist.com).
- An Overview of 22 Social Media Marketing Management Tools – A post by Lee Odden which gives an overview of 22 Social Media Management tools businesses can use to manage their marketing (TopRankBlog.com).
- How Social Media Marketers Can Convert Attention into Action – Brian Solis compels Social Media marketers to convert attention into action. Actions speak louder than ‘likes’ (Mashable.com).
Be sure to visit the TopRank Marketing News Blog on a regular basis for tips, case studies and news on upcoming events.