Writing for the Web to Optimize Your PR & Overall Messaging
Webinar Wednesday, Dec. 17, 2008
1:30-3 p.m. (EST)
If you are involved in communicating with your stakeholders online, you know that writing for the Web is different than writing for print. You know that the difference between a journalist engaging with your brand online or abandoning your site altogether is based on the content you, as communicators, post or manage online.
Now is the time to take the lead and create Web content that supports your messaging, boosts engagement and delivers to your bottom-line goals.
Join TopRank Online Marketing CEO and his co-panelists on Dec. 17 for a virtual course on how to write for the Web. This 90-minute information-packed Webinar is designed for communications teams who have some role in their Web strategy and execution. Learn to write effectively for the Web by attending this interactive Webinar designed for you and your PR team:
This webinar will cover:
• The type of content that appeals to journalists and what turns them away
• Optimizing your content for Search
• Writing highly-optimized press releases
• Writing “active” content
• Landing pages that work
• Building an online newsroom that gets traction
• How to write great headlines
• Writing transparent text
• Online design flaws that matter to your PR efforts
• Understanding how people use your site and read Web pages
• Applying scannable text to your site
• Must-know information on word counts, graphics and video
• Marketing copy: how to apply sparingly
• How to use metadata to optimize your site
• Linking: how and when to link.
• Examples of outstanding PR Web content – plus: what not to do online.
- Lee Odden, CEO, TopRank Online Marketing
- Andrew Barnett, Vice Presidnet, Digital Strategy, Fleishman Hillard
- Brian Giesen, Vice President, Digital Strategy, 360° Digital Influence, Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide
- Moderator: Iris Dorbian, Group Editor, PR News
TopRank Online Marketing is a digital marketing and public relations agency in Minneapolis, MN providing Fortune 500 companies with consulting, implementation and training on search, social media and online PR services.
Do you have a recording of this webinar that I can access?
Lee Odden says
Thank you for asking Manouri, but PRNews has since taken down the webinar.