The Content Operations Contractor is responsible for establishing, refining, building a practice around, measuring and evaluating the content operation which includes:
- Blog content
- Website content
- Social content
The ideal team member will have experience with identifying issues and building systems that consider the people, processes and technology related to a best practice content operation.
- Evaluating, refining and managing the Content Operation
- Establishing and maintaining clear alignment with SEO (optimized content), influencer marketing, social marketing and creative (design)
- Manage consistent, profitable and quality-driven department operation; including ongoing project and client account onboarding and set up, evaluation and refinement of resources, processes and tools related to content
- Manage a P&L for department, including reducing costs & increasing margin
- Manage weekly department scorecard including:
- Performance by client & by team member segmented by:
- Type of service
- Delivery of services
- Quality of services
- Results of services
- Ongoing evaluation, suggested refinements and management of offers related to content marketing
Competency—Ability to oversee and guide a team to craft strategic, engaging, converting, and results-focused paid and organic content.
Supervisory responsibilities—Manage the workflow of all content, team members & freelancers. Conduct ongoing workflow review and provide ongoing management, redirection and growth consulting to direct reports and outsourced resources.
Position type and expected hours of work—full time, typical work hours are Monday – Friday 8am-5pm
Travel—0-5% for conference attendance, as applicable. Travel to be kept to US and most likely overnight (dependent on conference dates).
Required education and experience— 5+ years of business operations/systems setup, refinement and governance experience. Team management and client consulting skills. Fluent in the English language, exceptional grammar usage.
Preferred education and experience—Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Marketing, or Strategic Communications (or years of experience in commensurate). Agency and business operations experience also preferred.